Be Present

Life has thrown us a curve ball recently. My husband was diagnosed with cancer and we are going to be tied up with some appointments but I want to assure you all that our goal is to continue to grow our company and be present for each of you. 

With my mom, my dad and now my husband, I know all to well the frustration of rushed doctors who are required to shuffle patients in 15 to 30 minute increments. We saw a really great oncologist this week but even in his greatness he said to us, “I’m really busy but you can call or email ___ anytime. She will be happy to answer your questions.” I was thinking, you just dropped a treatment bomb on us, can I have a few minutes of YOUR time?! 

I get it. I’ve spent at least the last 12 years in similar situations looking for medical solutions and explanations only to do most of the research myself. Mental health issues? I’ve got you covered? Kidney failure, dialysis, transplant stuff? I’m still learning. Eye cancer? It’s a foreign language I’m being forced to learn and I will but I’d much rather be able to sit with a provider who is fully present and able to give us the time we need to ask the questions and sit with the information. 

I say all this to you because it is what I always want to be for you. Whether it’s IV fluids, vitamin therapy or as your primary care provider, I want us to be a team who explores the answers together. It’s what I have grown to love about being in your homes caring for you. I see you in your environment with all the mess and chaos of life as you do it. I learn so much from you and am so grateful I have been trusted by so many to come into your homes. My promise continues to be to give you all of me with no distractions when we are together. As I traverse this cancer thing with my husband, I invite you to hold me to this. Remind me if I need reminded because it is my commitment to you and to us as a team! -B

*I will always remind you this is not a doctor problem, it is an insurance problem and I love so many of our local doctors. Don’t stop seeing them. If you have one you love, I can still be a supplement to the care they provide with my IV and vitamin therapies! 

Comments

Popular Posts